Sunday, April 19, 2009

Ouch...another disillusioning moment.

Sadly, I have to withdraw my crush on Janeane Garofalo. For many years I've had a comfortable little fantasy that I could meet J-G. and we would simply agree NOT to talk politics.

But, after hearing this rant I have some doubts about her ability to reason.

http://www.eyeblast.tv/public/checker.aspx?v=ydSU2GaG6U

So, essentially her arguement is that if I disagree with President Obama in any way, I am fair game to have the racist charge leveled at me.

Wow.

and supposedly conservatives are mean spirited.

What I feel people on the Left of American politics fail to understand is that we that lean to the Right, are on the Right, or are on the Right in name only ( Your average Republican Represenative in Congress ) have no problem with a black man being the president.

We have a problem with the presidency advocating the fiscal death of the nation.
Because the fiscal death of the nation will lead to the real death of the nation.
Racism has nothing to do with it.
Economics has everything to do with it.

Well, this is one less celebrity that I can fantaize about comfortably. J-G. ends up going into the pile of other actresses / starlets that once tickled my fancy, but sadly I can no longer dream of. I must lay her pictures upon the same pyre that I placed Madonna, the Dixie Chicks, Natalie Portman, and Tyra Banks.

-sigh-

Well...there is always Tammy Bruce. Yes I know she doesn't 'bat for my team', but a man can dream, can't he?

In this era we are entering, dreaming is all we may soon have.

-Darth F I J

No comments:

Post a Comment