Monday, April 13, 2009

A Sign of Impotent Protest, But a Sign of Protest Just the Same

There is a Tea Party gathering in my area on April the 15th, Tax day.

The idea is that we the people will gather to vent our disapproval ( some would say despair ) that the government's elected officals will notice our discontent and disaster will be averted as they bend to our will.

Which if you think of it is kind of oxymoronic.

If our elected leaders listened to us, we wouldn't have to throw the Tea Party in the first place.

So I'm under no illusions that my involvement in the Tea Party is going to solve anything. No poltician is going to care about the protesters who gather, who have no legal power over the elected offical, and have no money to bribe...sorry, I mean lobby them with.

But, it will keep me sane.

Posting Here To Keep The Peace, Darth F I J


No comments:

Post a Comment